thoughts 8 months into 2010

okaaay. so i finally managed to transfer all my blog posts from my 5 separate blogs and export them to my original, first ever blog address which is this one. So all my other ones are dead- may exist somewhere in the blog-o-sphere but will not be updated... super inggit that zeena zalamea kept all her blog posts in one, so i really studied how to transfer na.it feels nice to know that i have one solid blog where all my thoughts are kept and published.

It has been a crazy 8 months. i feel that it was just a flurry of events , hard work and sleepless nights. Traveled 5x in the past 7 months, the shortest one for 4 days, the rest about 10-12 days and the longest one 22 days. As one of my arabic colleagues put it, i'm lucky that i have a supportive hubby who understands my work.

the year started with a movie in production , rushed and completed shooting by April. Then immediately following the film,. a series of 7 tvcs needed to be done (in 4 laguages) and completed by June... and just when i was scheduled to take my annual vacation, one of the biggest projects in the agency happened in July- which im still doing now.. so i guess no leaves for me for the next 4 months... that's gonna be 2 years since my last annual vacation, where my only break from work happened when i had an operation, when i had a serious flu and when i had a 1-2 day stopover on a trip

In the past 8 mos...there's new friends, lost friends, better friends,  friends newly reacquainted with and long distance friends ive seen recently... Friends who stay the same in terms of your relationship with them even if you haven't seen them for a long time and there's friends who consider appearances more important than how you'll feel. There's been laughs , loves, fights and hurts, weight gains and weight loss.

the past 8 months is a flutter of memories.. i loved the early beach dates with my husband where we just hang out and stare at the ocean, hanging out with the dubai gang, Glee marathon with friends, following the world cup only to miss the finals as i was aboard a plane at the exact time,  nighttime safari and walking aimlessly -lost- in the streets of singapore , pigging out in cebu while hitting only 3 hrs of sleep a day, drunk nights in w hollywood and that wicked hangover in the city where what happens there, stay where it is.

Oh and this month, im celebrating my 3rd year in dubai. the city i actually came to love , where i found love and hopefully bring me more lovely days in the coming years.

one thing ive learned is to have more time for my self, my husband, my family and personal stuff... in the end, i want to look back with no regrets. i believe success is not being cutthroat and just pushing people away to get on top of the game,.. success is being able to recognize what is important to you and making that your priority.
sheesh. cheesy i know, but hey as Khloe Kardashian puts it... " So go out and party and be merry with the people you love."(Khloe Kardashian SOURCE: NBC New York)

Comments

Popular Posts