diet

i am on a mission… and that is to lose weight! For the past 18 days, i have not eaten rice and i've been limiting my carbs intake to a maximum of 4 times a week. As of day 14, i already lost 8 pounds so i am getting more and more inspired not to cheat and continue with my diet.

At the same time that i started my diet, i also promised myself to go on a love diet, meaning no boys, no texting, no friendster, no emails- as of day 14 i have been successful. I was able to control myself from not texting "him" and I did not even reply to the email he sent on Day 6. I pushed myself to concentrate on my career, on myself, anything but food and love. Call it my own version of Detox for the new year.

But come Day 15, he suddenly messaged me on YM. At first i ignored it but when he Buzzed me already, i gave in. I reasoned that i didn't want to look like a snob so why not? a simple 'huy' would not hurt. The exchange comprised of small talk, the usual "as-if-he's-concerned-that-i'm-not-home-yet" replies, the bait if i'll be willing to see him again (if ever) and it ended with "…yes, i'll do that when we see each other next time…goodnight". All in all, it was vague and pointless. It was as if he was just trying to reaffirm my presence in his life since i suddenly disappeared during the past 2 weeks. yeah, i told myself i should've ignored him. stupid girl.

I'm actually not really that affected anymore that the exchange was nonsense, i'm more disappointed with the fact that i was not able to control myself from talking to him. But i realized that when you are in that situation, it's pretty hard not to give in. It's worse than being inside a chocolate shop while trying to lose weight! I felt that all my efforts from day 1-14 were put to waste.

Oh well, at least now, i know that food is not really my weakness.

Comments

Popular Posts