16 random thoughts on leaving

1. Sixteen days ago, I abandoned the last three years of my life and flew to the desert.

2. It was raining so hard when I left that classes were suspended the next day but I was not there to witness that weather dictated holiday.

3. Lye, one of my closest friends told me that the "skies are crying". It was as if nature was stopping me from leaving.

4. When my boss texted me asking me to miss my flight, I imagined a typical Pinoy film ending where the heroine runs from the airport, all wet from the rain singing "Let the love begin…."

5. The long-delayed presentation of the project I pioneered was scheduled on the exact day of my flight.

6. I saw the only person I hate in ABS hours before I left, and I still hate him.

7. When I hugged my boss goodbye, I almost cried.

8. I almost left my passort, visa and other important documents the first time I had my bags checked at the airport.

9. I was the only Filipina in the Emirates flight wearing slacks and heels. All the others were wearing jeans , rubber shoes and shirts that suspiciously looked like Blowing Bubbles.

10. One of the flight attendants dated one of my friends.

11. I realized that having your period on your first ever international flight makes the experience "challenging".

12. I left both of my phones on for the entire 8 hours of the flight and did not notice. I could have caused a major plane crash.

13. I spent almost 3 hours of the flight watching The Simpsons' reruns.

14. When i got off the plane, I realized that my batteries were drained. I had no idea how to contact my sister.

15. I 'm beginning to love Indians. My sister's Indian best friend, Satya, was very nice— he drove us from the airport to Deira.

16. Left on a jetplane… don't know when I'll be back again.

Comments

Popular Posts