fashion pressure

I've always been unaffected by peer pressure. I don't easily succumb to what's in unless I also really dig it. But what I've discovered is I get pressured seeing a certain style of clothing hit it big in the malls! Two years ago, it was the shorts. For some reason, everyone is suddenly wearing really short shorts and what used to be reserved for those with Heidi Klum-esque legs became a staple for everybody. That made me motivated to start dieting and lose weight so my thighs will lose enough fat to look okay in shorts. And thankfully , I achieved that!
Now fast forward to 2013, another trend that's making the waves are crop tops! This is a trend that made me so confused! I am quite positive this is never gonna be a mass market trend because hey, obesity is on the rise so who'll wear these? But that did not stop Forever 21 and other high street brands to flood their racks with crop tops and midriff showing clothes! I was so stressed that I found myself just craving to wear one! Crazy right? Well, after weeks and months of dieting, i got the nerve to buy a couple of midriff showing clothes and actually wear them! I made sure though that the crop top was paired with a high waisted skirt to hide my small pouch :) and the midriff cutout dress is black and slimming! However,  I still need a few more pounds to lose and lots of ab crunching before i get to show serious midriff!
Here's my crop top "launch" at Cannes, France 




Comments

Popular Posts