bad tuesdays

there’s a song by a reality pop star wannabe in Manila which rants on about him hating Tuesdays. i liked this song because it has a catchy melody and cute lyrics, but now i’m beginning to feel that i sympathize with this dude because for some odd reason, my Tuesdays have been really crappy lately.

i’m always late on tuesdays. i just can’t seem to get up and move my butt to the shower to catch my carpool in the morning which comes really early so i arrive at work like an hour before i am supposed to be there. being early is actually good because i can get work done even before people get to the office so i dont panic too much when everyone starts to cram up stuff by 9am. but during Tuesdays, i arrive just in time to not have our receptionist send the fyi email that "jellyn will be late today". somehow, i get to office before that happens but then, i become cranky because i’m out of my usual early, relax, have coffee routine, not to mention, i paid 35 dirhams extra to get to work.

Today has been really frustrating. I aimed to finish all my ‘things to do’ before 4 pm but things are just out of my control. If only i knew how to do everything myself, maybe that would make me feel better than just sitting and waiting, helpless. That really defined my Tuesday.

Tuesday being the middle of the work week means lots of pending work to finish before the weekend deadlines hit me on the face.Tuesday means too late to have that recharged energy from the weekend yet too early to look forward to Thursday night. Tuesday means nothing really special actually

Zeena sent me a message this morning about some really goody goody news, so i guess that makes this Tuesday special for her. For me, the highlight of my Tuesday today is watching ‘The Biggest Loser’ on MBC. how cool is that, huh? Really. I need to revamp my Tuesdays.

Comments

Popular Posts