starting over (lifted from scrawls blog)

it took me 3 months to finally be satisfied with how my new blog looks like, with the blog title and to get the energy and patience to write my first post. My drafts folder is almost full with incomplete thoughts that i cannot seem to finish. For me, writing the first post is always the hardest because that sets up the tone of my blog. It’s what makes me excited to post something new. Weird , i know. It would be easier if i just continued on writing in my last blog but reading my last post there 7 months ago, it made me realize how different i am today from that girl writing that last post.



That last post was written the day before my life took a u-turn and started to speed up into a totally different highway and it was not something i planned or did intentionally. That night, i was writing straight from what i was feeling without trying to fool myself that i knew better. my last line was filled with hope that i’ll finally find someone who’ll just make me feel fine.



After 7 months, here i am, finally writing my very first post while munching on Burger King delivery fries and cheese sticks. So how am i today? Well, I am a few kg heavier than i was 7 months ago (understatement!) but that’s okay coz I lost 2 kg in the last 2 weeks , hehe. I am a lot busier at work and the challenge to do well is overwhelming. I am feeling great because last night, i discovered a beauty salon near our flat building where pedicures are 20 dirhams cheaper than the usual nail spas. While in the salon, the Filipina dermatologist thought I was Chinese and spoke to me in broken English trying to convince me to try their skin care. I was convinced so now, my face hurts a little bit coz i started the 1st of my 5 session facial this afternoon. In the last 7 months, i learned how to be a better person. I admit that because I am too busy with my work and my relationship, I hardly have time to go out now and meet up with friends as before. I am not the same jel who just jump in any night out without hesitation. I guess some might think that’s bad but for someone like me who, after 24 years, finally found someone who’ll cherish her…me and that someone becomes more important. I’ve been too involved in my new life that i am guilty of having no time to do the old stuff like blogging, reading, dvd marathons , etc. This leads me to my theory that girls who have boyfriends at a young age don’t really do well in school because there is simply no time for them to study anymore.



Generally, i am much calmer now. I learned to relax, let go and live in the present. I will start to write again though. This morning I discovered that my highschool english teacher and schoolpaper adviser is visiting in Dubai. I am going to meet her soon and i guess talking to her today made me remember how i love writing my thoughts, without having to worry if i’m missing spelling or my grammar is bad. and you know what, it really feels good to start again.

Comments

Popular Posts