the big bang about the factory called cheesecake

One of my favorite food memory was in April of 2009 when I dined alone for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory in Marina Del Rey, California. See, a few days before that, a couple of friends brought me to eat at this restaurant for the first time but at the The Grove branch in Los Angeles. I loved it so much that I willed myself to eat there again, even solo, on a busy Sunday lunch. I ate a full rack of pork ribs and two cheesecakes all by myself! What i loved about the restaurant is that in both outlets - miles away from each other, the level of friendly, warm service is just topnotch. 

Then with Penny of Big Bang Theory bringing this restaurant to the consciousness of people outside US, it is just expected that the Dubai opening will create such a hype. Contrary to what you'd expect, I procrastinated so much before trying out the Dubai branch for the fear of disappointment. 

Finally, I did the inevitable and took the plunge. I ordered the Steak Diane and my date ordered the Blue Cheese Burger. My steak was -okay- not bad but not memorable. My date raved about his burger at first bite saying it is one of the best burgers he tasted in Dubai. I took a couple of bites and he was right! The beef patty was just juicy, with the right amount of meat & fat.It tasted like actual beef! The blue cheese was added with caution to make sure it complements and not overwhelm. 

For dessert, we shared a strawberry cheesecake which tasted amazing as expected- but a little bit too sweet for a cheesecake in my view. 



The service is not bad but I did not get the same warm or friendly atmosphere. I can't say Im disappointed because it was still a good eating experience nonetheless. 

I guess the lesson I learned is if you are going to eat at an American joint, order the burger- not the steak or anything fancy sounding.Go with what the place is good at.Well , I'd recommend the pork ribs but since that is not possible- stick to the burgers!

Comments

Popular Posts