i'm older now

Quarter of a century. This might sound a bit too cliche but i still have to say that time flies so fast. I can still remember when i was in elementary school and mama won’t let us watch TV on schoolnights so whenever i’d miss Campus Romance on GMA 7, i’ll just lie down in bed thinking up my own plots and pairing up my favorite TV stars and watch the episode in my head.Then i’ll fall asleep thinking ‘yeah right’. Fast forard to 2005, i am working at the biggest TV network in the Philippines and my childhood hobby is actually my real job. And just thinking about it now, i just shake my head because that was 3 years ago and i am now in the middle east with a totally different life.

25 is old. That is according to my 15 year old mind 10 years ago. A couple of months back, it started to dawn on me that the answer to the question "how do you see yourself 10 years from now" which was always asked in highschool and in college entrance exams is actually the present. This is assessment time. I realized that I’ve done a lot, I’ve been through a lot of things people i meet now say ‘really?’

Then, I ask myself about my life now. I’m happy. I don’t like any contradictions. I feel good now whenever i do something good for other people. Like good karma. I now know that being a good friend does not neessarily mean saying yes to everything. It’s my life too so I also count.It means accepting that some friends are simply the way they are. it does not help to pretend that they are otherwise. I still feel upset though whenever i get disappointed and other people just make it their business to make lives messier.

Reiz told me a few days back that i sound so mature like I think differently. Well i guess i have always been this way but now my age caught up with my brain and everything fell into place to make everything seem right ( i hope that makes sense). i don’t want to struggle anymore with senseless things that do not benefit anyone. i just want to live my life and be happy.I’m older now… it’s time for me to just savor the experience and face life with my head up.

Comments

Popular Posts