missing flat

After many weeks of stress, late nights and hard work, our client’s big event is finally over. We were all dressed up last night to attend the the launch at the posh ballroom of the Jumeirah Beach hotel. It was a stand up thing with drinks and canapes being offered around. Even if there were glitches caused by the events company, it was all in all alright. tel and i were hungry though, because strangely enough, we did not see half of what’s supposed to be served in the canapes menu (we know because we did the food tasting!). We made up for the lack of food by filling ourselves with virgin pina coladas and coca cola.

One funny moment though was when one of the client did not recognize me. Imagine, I can be one of their part-time employees already if you count the time I’m spending with that account , hehe. Well, maybe because I was not in my usual office get-up and i snuck out of the office at 4:30 pm to get my hair blow-dried for a ridiculous sum of 100dhs! but it was worth it, at least , my hair was tame during the photo ops!

Too sleepy after the event, i got into a taxi and got home at around half past ten. I entered the building, got into the elevator and smiled at the chinese girl in there. It’s good to be friendly with neighbors, especially those seen for the first time. I got out of my floor and walked to the door of our flat. When i was about to open the door with my key, i realized that it was not my door, and to my horror, the door of my flat was missing! it felt really creepy because it’s like my flat disappeared and everything was different in that corridor. It did not help that i was doing a HEROES marathon during the past couple of days! I paced the corridor, closed and opened my eyes but still, the doors and flat numbers are all mixed up. It cannot be that i’m in the wrong floor because the flat numbers are correct, they were just in a mixed up position. After a few minutes , i went to the elevator thinking to go down first and then return to see if maybe i was drunk or something and i just needed to clear my head.So i went down but when i reached the ground floor i realized my mistake. i was in the wrong building! I am 2 buildings away! maybe because the buildings look the same, and because i was sleepy and just came out of the taxi and did the routine walk to my flat, i did not realize that the taxi stopped in front of the wrong building.

It was bothering but in the end i just had a good laugh over my twisted stupidity. Hmm, maybe i should sleep more.

Comments

Popular Posts