My Plum Hair

So I have been sporting ombre hair for the past two years. I started with a brown caramel ombre when my colorist Charbel from Jacques La Coupe Galeries Lafayette promised me that it will look epic. You see, I was quite worried that it will look weird but I finally thought it was a good move.

The best thing with ombres is you dont have to retouch as often as long as you keep your roots the same color, youre fine because the ombre effect will stay. In 2014, I needed a change so I fully trusted my colorist and told him that he can do whatever. He gave me a blonde ombre which I was nervous about but surprisingly, Ive gotten lots of compliments from people Ive met, even strangers at random places.


Now it's 2015 and I was growing tired of my ombre. I lost my colorist's number and was told he transferred salons (Im still on the hunt for him) . I was so restless so I went to the salon near my flat and paid a cheap price for them to color my hair dark plum. The result was an ombre violet. 




However, I was becoming upset when just after a few washes, the violet turned marsala- maroon then just last week , it became ugly light brown. I again felt restless so instead of going to another salon ,  I decided to take matters on my own. I figured since Im coloring my hair dark anyway, this is the best time to experiment. I went to the supermarket, bought a $10 USD hair color kit with the shade , Attractive Aubergine and did the color myself. 


 The result was not like that of the box but my hair now has a more even dark eggplant color which I thought looked better. Will post an update when I get a better daytime photo!




Comments

Popular Posts