AlDub , JaDine and KathNiel Season

It was around two years ago, I was aboard the Emirates Airlines flight from  Dubai to Manila when I discovered a teeny-bopper movie 'Must Be Love' starring Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo. Having lived in the UAE for a handful of years, my busy schedule did not make it practical for me to subscribe to TFC then so I was not that updated on the current stars in the Philippines. As I was watching that movie, I was particularly impressed with the young Daniel Padilla because his acting was so natural. It was as if he was not acting at all. That was when I declared myself a KathNiel fan. I followed their Got To Believe series and their movies as well, making sure that I get a ticket when they screen the films here in Dubai. My kilig was consistent until of course this Jasmine Curtis issue came up and I just felt KathNiel will never be the same. Like everyone else, I was excited with the PSY series but I was a bit disappointed because Kathryn's acting is not that convincing anymore. It has lost that certain spark-- she looks a bit sad and pensive nowadays in my opinion. 


Then there came AlDub. Thank goodness Eat Bulaga uploads the episodes on its Facebook page. This semi-reality love team never fails to bring a smile  and  lots of giggles whenever I watch the videos. Yes , it is corny but I grew up watching the corny magic of Eat Bulaga, Bossing and Joey De Leon so I'm kinda used to it. The funny , semi-rehearsed , impromptu type of comedy is just definitely for me. Add the certain kilig that yaya dub brings which suddenly made Alden Richards an instant heartthrob. I remember meeting Alden once in one business meeting I had a few years back. He was introduced to us as the next leading man being built up by gma, I thought then that , yeah , he was cute, but i did ot think he had that x-factor. Now when it was revealed that girl next door Maine Mendoza had a crush on him, even I thought he transformed into a certiified Bae! haha! 



Well I will not end this post without my favorite guilty pleasure at present- JaDine! Yes, Im one of those 30 something married women with OJD or (as Ive found out recently) Obsessive JaDine disorder! They are the highlight of my day when I watch On The Wings of Love. Let me thank profusely whoever had that brilliant idea for this soap because it is amazing!




What I noticed in these three love teams is they follow the formula of having the gwapo guy falls for the average looking girl.  I mean Kathryn, Nadine and Maine are not your classically beautiful mestizas but i guess they make the love teams work because every girl can probably relate to them --- and dares to dream...

Comments

Popular Posts